PDA

View Full Version : Paladins matchmaking

Thiau
09-17-2016, 02:32 PM
http://imgur.com/a/5F76u

paladins matchmaking at its finest . It doesint matter if i dont loose much points on uneven matches (thats the excuse hi-rez gave ) if i want to quit playing after the match . And btw i lost way too much for match like that .

Kadurkel
09-17-2016, 05:19 PM
Let's hope they made matchmaking temporarily extremely wide because of the queue times, otherwise the algorithm is really bad indeed.

BDra
09-17-2016, 05:34 PM
For those that don't know, the opposing team had 3 of the Torpedo members from the 100k Dreamhack tournament.

phatal
09-17-2016, 09:38 PM
Let's hope they made matchmaking temporarily extremely wide because of the queue times, otherwise the algorithm is really bad indeed.

There were 22,000+ players today. There is no reason to keep matchmaking "wide". It's just crappy matchmaking. I played 5 matches today and there were several players I played with repeatedly either on my team or the enemies team. Not much variance.

adamcjd
09-18-2016, 01:15 AM
There were 22,000+ players today. There is no reason to keep matchmaking "wide". It's just crappy matchmaking. I played 5 matches today and there were several players I played with repeatedly either on my team or the enemies team. Not much variance.

Don't hold your breathe, ask any smite player, hirez thinks matchmaking is "working as intended" and have for years. They refuse to admit it's a huge issue they don't know how to deal with.

bvirus
09-18-2016, 03:10 AM
It's just bad matchmaking. I played about 10 games yesterday. All but nine were curbstomps, either for my team or the other team. Only one game was even remotely "fair" in balance.

Thiau
09-18-2016, 05:12 AM
Don't hold your breathe, ask any smite player, hirez thinks matchmaking is "working as intended" and have for years. They refuse to admit it's a huge issue they don't know how to deal with.

thats what i am afraid of . hearing that smite has bad MM does not give much hope .

CaptainZidgel
09-23-2016, 08:02 AM

*22,000 casual players. I wonder how many got 12 champs to level. I wonder how many got 3 champs to level 4. Probably not a lot because 0.71% of all players only have 8 champs at level 5.
I believe OP was playing competitive.

fieryred
09-23-2016, 08:22 AM
http://imgur.com/a/5F76u

paladins matchmaking at its finest . It doesint matter if i dont loose much points on uneven matches (thats the excuse hi-rez gave ) if i want to quit playing after the match . And btw i lost way too much for match like that .

Wow, Theil, laizy, spunkki. I would not want to against them 1 on 1 and you got all 3.

ETESZ
03-10-2017, 06:51 AM
*22,000 casual players. I wonder how many got 12 champs to level. I wonder how many got 3 champs to level 4. Probably not a lot because 0.71% of all players only have 8 champs at level 5.
I believe OP was playing competitive.

" 0.71% of all players only have 8" where can i see this data?

Ozery5
03-20-2017, 09:43 AM
The matchmaking isnt fair at all
I wont say that its only on comp matches. but on casual everyone noobs I can carry it easily with flank or damage or tank.
the issue is that you want to level up
and I have Evie on Diamond, Skye on Platinum and Buck too.
Every game on comp isnt fun. and I love Paladins so much. the matchmaking system isnt fair at all, I have Screenshots that can prove it. Now look.. I will still play Pala because its so fun but the comps arent. Every game my teammates trolls because they doesnt get the role they want because they are last or something.. and when its not the case, they are noobs really noobs. like lvl 13 with champ with gold frame... Im the only one that has plat fram and the opponents have diamonds with lvl 13 and plats with lvl 10.. wheres the fair part ? team based game with noobs and trollers.
Heres some screenshots..
Casual: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=883607141
Casual but with 4 friends: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=884026202
Carrying: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=884026116
Comp: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=883165796
Comp LOL: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=882942612
And more that on private.. Please Hi-Rez.. Nerf is a good start of change.. but change needs to start somewhere. Thank you for Paladins. I love this game like everyone here. we say this things because we care about this game.. and yeah, its just a beta :p

NicatsCage
03-20-2017, 02:55 PM

So apparently Hi Rez can't make the matchmaking work like in CS:GO and we can't expect them to do anything about it?
BTW Hi Rez CS:GO uses Glicko 2 and it works like a ELO system. For goddamned sake if they can do it so you can. You are just lazy to implement a decent matchmaking system

Siphili
03-21-2017, 03:10 PM
In my opinion the main problem of the match-making-system is the pool of players; this pool consists: beginners, casual-players, n00bs, veterans and average-players, professionals and of course trolls. The system tries to make 2 teams from this entire pool ... why? - I play basketball for fun, so - do I have the change to become a NBA-player ... no! This pool of players needs to be separated by the players skills, and you will have to start at the bottom. After gaining experience you will get points (a kind of new players-skills-system, probably based on the match-credits) you can rise a level. If you fail you will loose points and to many points lost will put you a level down.
So separate the pool of players (read: skills) and match up players with similar skills!

This could make an end to all "match-making" threads and "nerf-/buff-discussions (wished)". Even players with connection problems (fps- and ping-rates) will find themselves in a pool of equally (skilled) players.

BurmaJones
03-21-2017, 03:12 PM
Hi Rez can't fix most of the community being noobs. Sad reality.

Meelosh
08-03-2017, 01:42 PM
Hi Rez can't fix most of the community being noobs. Sad reality.

If all are noobs, then matchmaking would be good. If matchmaking is not good, than not all are noobs.

FIX THE #$%&#$% MATCHMAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KusiKissa
08-03-2017, 01:59 PM
If all are noobs, then matchmaking would be good. If matchmaking is not good, than not all are noobs.

FIX THE #$%&#$% MATCHMAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like we have a necromancer among us.

Oponez
08-03-2017, 06:53 PM
Oh thank goodness, I thought I was the only one getting these incredibly one-sided curb stomps. Just got out of a couple of matches where my team couldn't leave spawn :D