PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts on the Game so Far

Pyrrhula
09-17-2016, 03:26 PM
Great game, I own Overwatch and I must say this game as of now is equal on terms of quality with a few extra pluses these being: Its FREE and it runs on TOASTERS! Also no MEDIC (like TF2) like characters is a major plus. On the bad side, it keeps track of KDA(aka scoreboard); as to why this is bad well...
https://s16.postimg.org/dl9f3tw5x/Capture.png
The image speaks for itself, people just going full TDM on an objective based game is really annoying and WILL cost players matches.

PS. Ranked Mode - I'm not even going to try it. It's a waste of time trying to play competitive team based games solo. As to why, well wins ARE gonna RNG based mostly instead of personal skill(that said being good increases your chances of victory).

BDra
09-17-2016, 04:16 PM
I'm assuming you're pretty new. The best tactic to win the game is to clear out your opponent or at least 3 of the opposing team before fully committing to the point, unless you're far superior and in that case it doesn't matter.

Zeleen
09-17-2016, 08:59 PM
Right now stats are bugged in match history but Shielding, Healing and objective time should be recorded so IDK why KDA is a problem as anyone with a brain can tell that you were where you needed to be so why would you feel bad about not killing as much as some Androxus playing Rangerdins?

Atlecx
09-17-2016, 10:03 PM
Some people take KD ratio/KDA too seriously. In a FPS, it definitely matters as your primary objective is usually to kill people. However, in MOBAs and hybrid games like this, KDA is not a stat that necessarily matters, because there are different roles with different tasks. Tanks will have usually have a low KDA. This is a fact. Damage class? High KDA. Anyone with a brain can really see this. This is like if, in football, someone criticized a fullback for not having as many yards as a halfback. Each have their roles. People notice and understand this.

ZionPulse
09-18-2016, 09:21 AM
Ow this, OW that. sigh..........