PDA

View Full Version : The netcode is horrible

phatal
09-16-2016, 11:39 PM
I thought you guys fixed this several patches ago but here I am still dying around the corner where I can't be hit.

Example: As Evie, I blink, on my screen I arrived at the new location then died. On the kill cam I died where I blinked from.
Example: I hide around a corner where I cannot see the attacker but die. On kill cam they can see me as they kill me.

At first I thought it was the killcam not working but now I've come to realize I'M REALLY AROUND THAT CORNER like the kill cam shows. The kill cam is really showing what the attacker sees and what registers for him.

Helznicht
09-16-2016, 11:50 PM
The kill cam is really showing what the attacker sees and what registers for him.

Do not be to sure, the Kill Cam showed me dieing several times while my killer was on a reload.

Kadurkel
09-17-2016, 12:57 AM
The netcode is really good, there are probably high ping people in the game. Also don't trust killcam, it's not accurate since it records estimated positions and states.

phatal
09-17-2016, 01:54 AM
The netcode is really good, there are probably high ping people in the game. Also don't trust killcam, it's not accurate since it records estimated positions and states.

Doesn't explain why I die around corners or I blink and die in a different spot as if I was on rewind.

Sita
09-17-2016, 06:29 AM
It was great in CB13 or so but since then it's been bad, yes. Doesn't look like they're ever gonna revert it though.

UngryNab
09-17-2016, 01:48 PM
Doesn't explain why I die around corners or I blink and die in a different spot as if I was on rewind.

Ying has (or had, as she is currently disabled) the same problem with her dimensional link. It's that the hitboxes seem to stay behind a bit longer than they should. Also the kill cam is utter crap, as in the worst of the worst, as you 'll see grohks attacks almost auto aim, viktors/androxus shooting thin air and hit, and other stuff that I do not want to recall.

BDra
09-17-2016, 01:51 PM
People shouldn't trust a kill cam in any game, so I don't really get why they use it as proof. If you want proof you need to make a video of your actual gameplay.

WombleJomble
09-17-2016, 02:21 PM
You can't expect the netcode to be perfect.

deathphantom
09-17-2016, 02:35 PM
I thought you guys fixed this several patches ago but here I am still dying around the corner where I can't be hit.

Example: As Evie, I blink, on my screen I arrived at the new location then died. On the kill cam I died where I blinked from.
Example: I hide around a corner where I cannot see the attacker but die. On kill cam they can see me as they kill me.

At first I thought it was the killcam not working but now I've come to realize I'M REALLY AROUND THAT CORNER like the kill cam shows. The kill cam is really showing what the attacker sees and what registers for him.

well kill cam isn't right most of the time u will laugh when u look at kinessas kill cams but that is something that happens in all fps im sure one of game theorists (a group of youtube content creaters that are famous on youtube with almost 7m sub i think) anyway one of them made a video about basiclly how pvp in internet started and how it is now first players from same country could easily play the game but when some one was far it would take too long for the message that they pressed for example e to get to the game that all players are connected to so thats why a few years after that they made it that if u press e u will do the move the ult but it will still take time to reach the game so u will see ur self doing it but they wont untill it gets there thats why there are servers per regions so it would be easier im from asia so i have to play in american sever i can play the game but my fps is 20-30 so yeah for example if u shoot someone in counter while they are running if ur computer tells the game u shot him while he actully dodged it it will still count kinda sucks i know i cant remember the name of that video sorry

phatal
09-17-2016, 10:20 PM
im from asia so i have to play in american sever i can play the game but my fps is 20-30 so yeah for example if u shoot someone in counter while they are running if ur computer tells the game u shot him while he actully dodged it it will still count kinda sucks i know i cant remember the name of that video sorry

Maybe this is part of it. Hirez doesn't enforce regions so players with high pings and low server ticks distort hit reg.