PDA

View Full Version : Evie

Miragen
09-16-2016, 04:10 PM
Do I really need to say anything, we all know that she's a problem.

Insane mobility, insanely annoying, insane survivability, and the damage is up there aswell, 930 AoE damage.

Do dumb things, iceblock, blink, do more dumb things, soar, reset overtime, blink, blink, reset overtime, iceblock, soar whatever.

ZionPulse
09-16-2016, 04:14 PM
She won't be able to blink in iceblock in upcoming patches

BDra
09-16-2016, 04:15 PM

And we all know that isn't the problem she has. It's that 4 second bonus damage and here Cooldown cards...

Sasquatchias
09-16-2016, 04:36 PM
I'd say being able to Blink in Ice Block is definitely one of her problems, but also agree that there needs to be more done to her as well.

I think because of how effective her cooldown cards are she should have the base cooldown of either Blink or Soar increased so that they are not constantly up within 2-3s.

I would also go so far as to suggest putting her Combo Damage passives on something like a 10s internal cooldown or something so that they are not constantly up, and if Evie means to try and burst someone she has to really think about the engagement as opposed to having that damage constantly active.

UngryNab
09-16-2016, 04:43 PM

zzzz? even so, that is not the issue. Too damn low blink cd is and soar having too many cd reduction cards. Even 1 sec cd more on blink could hinder her to be less annoing. Ideally, for me, a 6 sec cd on blink and no flat cd reduction cards on soar, would do the trick. As for her bonus damage, I do not feel I can comment on that, but if they do take away her blink while IB ability, there is no point in IB marking or even slowing anyone. Also the only 2 chages I would love to see on evie are, a) to have her ult as a storm around her, kinda like grohk, and her ult cast wind up to be faster, atm it feels more like a self CC than an enemy one, especially with the low TTK.

Yiaz
09-16-2016, 05:03 PM

Well, every new update i have less chances of liking this game again.

BDra
09-16-2016, 06:00 PM
Evie wasn't strong enough...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrFy-u-iyzA

Kadurkel
09-16-2016, 07:56 PM
Evie is fine, 90% winrate is average.

Zenatsu
09-20-2016, 06:23 AM
That wont change anything... 9/10 tmes i'll be able to teleport before anyone can shot damage me or what if i break it early?...That's the least of her problems.

The main thing is the low CD on all of her abilities and how well you can rotate them.

Zeleen
09-20-2016, 07:00 AM
That wont change anything... 9/10 tmes i'll be able to teleport before anyone can shot damage me or what if i break it early?...That's the least of her problems.

The main thing is the low CD on all of her abilities and how well you can rotate them.

Does she even need the blink?

I didn't play her much but when I did I stacked aggression and did mostly suppression sniping and only ever needed the broom dash thingy to escape. Seemed to work really well although I guess that's not how she is meant to be played.

Zenatsu
09-20-2016, 10:40 AM

I didn't play her much but when I did I stacked aggression and did mostly suppression sniping and only ever needed the broom dash thingy to escape. Seemed to work really well although I guess that's not how she is meant to be played.

I use it mostly to move faster and for the dmg buff lol she really doesnt need it.

Miragen
09-20-2016, 12:34 PM

When you remove blink, she's still a really good champion i'm thinking, both blink, and soar and iceblock is just too much survivability, mobility.

ThunderBubble
09-20-2016, 07:16 PM

No offense but i don't think you have been playing her right. I use all of her abilities most of the time whenever i get them, I get about 36+ kills a game, and are all ways moving. Blink is very useful, and if it needs a nerf, so be it, but don't take it away.

Best thing I can think of is increase cooldown by 2 seconds. and decrease damage buff. ( or remove damage buff )

Silbergeist
09-20-2016, 07:39 PM
Something that came to my attention is that every post in the forum asking Evie to be nerfed is rated 1 star by someone. hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I'm giving five stars as I think she actually needs a nerf. I had given some ideas before and I still think some of them are great.

Her Q could be changed to a kind of mix between RMB and Q. She blinks to a spot just like her current Q already does, but leaves an ice copy of her in place, which explodes after some time like her RMB does. Her Q would need a higher cooldown and would only apply bonus damage to characters hit by the explosion, that she can cancel to explode faster.

In place of her RMB she could gain something like a wall of ice. "Now it's pure Overwatch copy!", but no, go ask Anivia.

But I think this wall of ice could go more creative, like stalagmites that come out from the ground in front of her dealing damage and throwing to the air enemies hit by it, and then staying there as a wall of ice.

Miragen
09-20-2016, 08:25 PM
Some new skills could work, she really doesn't need the blink and the soar, and the damage increase that comes with it, her weapon is already way to easy to hit up close and deals massive damage.
Maybe just a complete rework.

Kadurkel
09-20-2016, 11:06 PM
I would also go so far as to suggest putting her Combo Damage passives on something like a 10s internal cooldown or something so that they are not constantly up, and if Evie means to try and burst someone she has to really think about the engagement as opposed to having that damage constantly active.

I'd say change the bonus damage after a blink to the next shot only. But that's still 1209 + 930 damage on you, which still 2-shots everyone under 2139 health which is ridiculous. So also her fire rate should probably increase to well over 1 second?

There are so many ways they can nerf her, almost any nerf will do as long as it's a drastic reduction to the DPS, because utility champions should never have the same or higher DPS than a "standard" damage character.

lancemisensei
09-21-2016, 03:26 AM
She didn't come to my mind until today, i was not sure if the hero is OP or the player is good (im new to the game and i might know what half of characters do) so yeah, some stuff she did was really annoying and OP...

Zenatsu
09-21-2016, 05:35 AM
She didn't come to my mind until today, i was not sure if the hero is OP or the player is good (im new to the game and i might know what half of characters do) so yeah, some stuff she did was really annoying and OP...

Just buy it and play with her for a few lvls till you pick up the style and you will know what it means to be invincible while dominating the map. She's good at pretty much any map. Unlike some other classes which are more map specific.

adamcjd
09-21-2016, 04:22 PM
I'd say being able to Blink in Ice Block is definitely one of her problems, but also agree that there needs to be more done to her as well.

I think because of how effective her cooldown cards are she should have the base cooldown of either Blink or Soar increased so that they are not constantly up within 2-3s.

Base cd on blink is 4s with no specific cool down cards(requires rank 3chronos to get to 3 seconds) soar is base 10 I think which, with a max of 4second specific cdr. Chronos rank 2 will reduce this one more. Iceblock is 12 base with Max 2 specific cdr and again chronos rank 2 to reduce 1more second. You have your times wrong.

adamcjd
09-21-2016, 04:26 PM
People forget her projectile speed is stupid slow, she needs to be on top of you or you need to walk into her shot to get any damage off. Her blink cd is low but other then that a lot of people just don't listen for the obvious audio qs from her. Hear soar? Wait till she's close and use an escape ability, wait for the blink and then force her to retreat. It's possible to prevent evie from getting any kills just by listening for her. She's meant to be a stealthy flank who has high mobility. I'd remove the bonus dmg on blink completely and she'd be balanced.
Also a Victor with two hustle cards will hard counter her

Miragen
09-21-2016, 04:46 PM
The issue is that she has no problem at all getting up close, and the AoE from her weapon is generous for the amount of damage it deals, just aim at the floor, it's even effective at long range when shooting at the objective due to this.

And avoid her how, she's on you, you shoot her, she either kills you or iceblocks and heals up, gets a damage boost against you now and then kills you, if not you run, she blinks and kills you, if not you use a mobility move if you even have it, she soars goes wherever she wants and kills you, if not, she has blink available again, even though you're already dead for 10 seconds at this point.

She has an insane amount of mobility that you cannot avoid her, and if you can she still has an ult that will prevent it.

Best part is that her main weapon deals 930 base damage, yet only deals 100 self damage, where Pip deals 600 but has a massive 400 self damage penalty.

VanillaCore
09-21-2016, 04:56 PM
i think Evie doesnt need a nerv.

Her Weapon Damage is high, that right. BUT its soooooooooooo slow, that anyone can avoid them. And for example a Sniper shot from Kinessa hits you even if her cross is 4-5 cm next to you. And the Aoe Damage from Evie istn very wide.

She have much mobility? Shure cuz she havent any other damage skills...... and the Ultimate isnt very good.

(Sry, for my english, it isnt my native language)

Yiaz
09-21-2016, 05:00 PM

Her Weapon Damage is high, that right. BUT its soooooooooooo slow, that anyone can avoid them. And for example a Sniper shot from Kinessa hits you even if her cross is 4-5 cm next to you. And the Aoe Damage from Evie istn very wide.

She have much mobility? Shure cuz she havent any other damage skills...... and the Ultimate isnt very good.

I kinda agree. But less damage and more projectile speed would be 200% better.

Miragen
09-21-2016, 05:19 PM

Her AoE is like 2 meters, anything under that and you deal significant damage.
You're not supposed to be a sniper either, but long range you can still deal damage with the straight trajectory, long range and no bullet drop or anything.

Kinessa only has her main gun, that's all she has, she doesn't have a blink, a heal or a soar, just a teleport which is barely even worth anything in combat.

VanillaCore
09-22-2016, 03:47 AM
Her AoE is like 2 meters, anything under that and you deal significant damage.
You're not supposed to be a sniper either, but long range you can still deal damage with the straight trajectory, long range and no bullet drop or anything.

Kinessa only has her main gun, that's all she has, she doesn't have a blink, a heal or a soar, just a teleport which is barely even worth anything in combat.

2 meters? i didnt see anything of this range. Even if it so, her bullet speed is so slow, that anyone can step sideward to avoid.

I think its a good idear to decrease the damage slightly and rise the bulletspeed sharply.

Miragen
09-22-2016, 05:59 AM
But you don't need to be far away, with the blink, soar, more blink you can go toe to toe with almost all champions as no one else has that mobility. And up close your damage is higher than anyone else, easiest to hit with the AoE and least self damage for some reason.

VanillaCore
09-22-2016, 06:12 AM
if you mean so ^^

Zeleen
09-22-2016, 07:06 AM
Isn't she like one of the 2-3 only champ in S tier? She'll get the nerf bat soon no worries. I mean most of the roster is fairly balanced though but personally I find Cassie much more broken because of her overly efficient bow/roll spam synergy whereas good, actual Evie players are a bit more rare.

VarenWolf
09-22-2016, 08:30 AM
Yeah currently it comes down to that blink, I think I have down to a like 4s cooldown or whatever. Its kinda stupid

Kadurkel
09-23-2016, 02:14 AM
Yeah currently it comes down to that blink, I think I have down to a like 4s cooldown or whatever. Its kinda stupid

Blink on 4s is fine, they could even make it 2 or 3 seconds to make it a really mobile champ. The problem is just the damage on top of the mobility. A champion with such insane mobility shouldn't have this insane damage + invulnerability + healing (with cards).

The only way high skill-cap champions work is if you make it hard to play them really effectively.

VanillaCore
09-23-2016, 06:18 AM
LOL, simply LOL to all...

I tried it many times so listen carefully

THE DAMGE OF 960 IS ONLY BY DIRECT HIT... if it is a hit by radius (not 2 meters XD, about 1 meter or less) it is between 130-340.... and the bulltet speed is very very very slow.

Its already so that it wil be nerv that Evie can blink in Icecube... so wait till it ends an kill her :) , but year so OP -_-

If she havent that mobilty she will died permantly against all champs, it is so.

YOU ALL will only nerv, cuz its a little difficult to kill her, and that is like a crying baby..

What about PIP
-> 600 Damge direkt it and 600 Damge by radius
-> Can turn players in to chickes
-> Can slow, more than Evie
-> Can heal himself like the Icecube from evie

PIP needs a nerv, not Evie

Layfer
09-23-2016, 06:42 AM
I think Evie doesnt need a nerf
1800 hp, so slow weapon. She die from one holder from Skye, 0.5sec from right click by Androxus, 1 sec from Viktor's gun.
Sorry, for my english)

Miragen
09-23-2016, 07:59 AM
I think Evie doesnt need a nerf
1800 hp, so slow weapon. She die from one holder from Skye, 0.5sec from right click by Androxus, 1 sec from Viktor's gun.
Sorry, for my english)

Use iceblock

VanillaCore
09-23-2016, 04:17 PM
Use iceblock

XD.... an then? you heal about 200 hp and you cant attack. In the future Evie are not able to port while in Icecube, so you may dodge 1-2 Attacks... or the other Wait the 3 seconds and kill you then :)

Evie need a buff, not a nerv. She cant kill people in a row, only if there is a 1 on 1 she wins, after many times of blink and soar. And wait soar makes you not invulnerable, you can kill her too...

Miragen
09-23-2016, 04:30 PM
After iceblock you blink, soar.
You only need a few hits to kill anyone, you can 1v1 people like Ruckus easily.

And good luck trying to hit a soaring Evie, only a few champions have a chance at doing that.

VanillaCore
09-23-2016, 04:46 PM
"you kill anyone with few hits" stop to lie... You cant Kill Fernado for exmaple with "few" hits

YOU NEED TO DIREKT HIT THEM TO GET 960 DAMAGE, and then you kill also not any one with few hits. Wake up in the reality plz.

Im out here... you hate Evie, its not more, everyone with a little bit intelligence will see, that Evie needs a buff.

Miragen
09-23-2016, 07:01 PM
As Evie you shouldn't be taking on Fernando, but you can probaby beat him in a 1v1 regardless.

Maybe a poor choice of words from my end, but you can kill all the people you generally face when flanking in a few hits, is what I should have said, the dropoff from the AoE isn't massive and you still hit for close to 800 if you hit near their feet.

Then on top of that you have the iceblock increased damage, aswell as the blink bonus, both entirely undeserved, but it means you can hit for what, over 1200 damage whilst still having your soar available, after which your blink will be available if it's not already and so on.

No matter how you put it however, she really doesn't need a buff, but either increased cooldowns, reduced bonus damage or different abilities.