PDA

View Full Version : I feel as though Androxus needs to have some damage shaved off.

Sasquatchias
09-16-2016, 11:13 AM
Note - Reposting same topic idea because someone at Hi-Rez decided they want to erase almost all the forum topics without warning or anything.

Personally right now I think Androxus, in the hands of even an "average" player, is overperforming quite a bit and needs to be toned down.

In all levels of play he is a pretty top pick due to being able to run around relatively unchecked, with very few champions able to fight him on an even playing ground given all that he has, with the most notable things in my opinion being his rate of fire / attack speed and his damage.

His damage is fairly high between each individual shot of his LMB, being able to easily chunk off a good portion of a character's health bar outside of tanks - the issue at hand though comes with his attack speed in relation to it.

His attack speed is incredibly high for his damage, allowing him to get three or so shots in the span of 2-3s, which lets him fairly easily burst down most other Champions who don't have the luxury of matching both his damage and attack speed.

Buck for example can dish out around the same or even higher damage, but his attack speed is far lower than that of Androxus's speed, meaning in a game of pure burst Androxus is able to easily shoot down even Buck before Buck can burst him.

And this is all just with his LMB, not even with Defiance, which is the most shocking thing to me.

TL:DR - Androxus needs a good amount of damage shaved off his LMB to compensate for his attack speed and to put him in check in relation with most other champions again.

Seokthih
09-16-2016, 11:31 AM
I don't think so. Evie is still more imbalanced than Andro with her damage, full immune and mobility.

BDra
09-16-2016, 11:33 AM
Androxus fix is simple:

Change attackspeed to 0.7 seconds (from 0.5).
Add falloff damage to the AOE of his Ultimate (well add it to all AOE ingame).

Sasquatchias
09-16-2016, 11:38 AM
I don't think so. Evie is still more imbalanced than Andro with her damage, full immune and mobility.

Just because one character is broken doesn't mean another character isn't broken as well.

I'm all for Evie nerfs as well as she is overperforming and is a large annoyance to try and fight given her damage, mobility, and safety with Ice Block, but that doesn't invalidate Androxus also being a nuisance as well with his high damage and his safety / mobility.

Seokthih
09-16-2016, 11:47 AM
Just because one character is broken doesn't mean another character isn't broken as well.

I'm all for Evie nerfs as well as she is overperforming and is a large annoyance to try and fight given her damage, mobility, and safety with Ice Block, but that doesn't invalidate Androxus also being a nuisance as well with his high damage and his safety / mobility.

I like Andro's mobility all right. Perhaps slow attacks a little bit. And he'll be ok. I just don't have that much problem with him as with Evie or Groover.

ZionPulse
09-16-2016, 02:18 PM
Androxus ez pz fix: Remove from the game (JK don't do that :) )

Kadurkel
09-16-2016, 03:31 PM
Yup increasing the 0.5 second interval for his LMB and nerfing the ult slightly is all it takes.

Miragen
09-16-2016, 07:11 PM
Yeah he can just stand somewhere and left click against a bunch of champions, and the hitboxes are really generous so he wrecks everything without effort.

stryker97
09-16-2016, 07:17 PM
i think the solution to balance androxus is this:
-decrease his attack speed from 0.5s to 1s
-change 3 dashes to 2(again) and increase its distance a 15-18%
-decrease his ult damage from 2000 to 1600 and add it the same fallof that he has in his basic attack

BDra
09-16-2016, 07:43 PM
i think the solution to balance androxus is this:
-decrease his attack speed from 0.5s to 1s
-change 3 dashes to 2(again) and increase its distance a 15-18%
-decrease his ult damage from 2000 to 1600 and add it the same fallof that he has in his basic attack

At the moment his Ult only hits for 1000 per hit. And 1 second Attackspeed would bring him from to strong to weak. And while I agree there should be falloff on his Ultimate, I'm more interested in AOE falloff than distance falloff.

Oponez
09-16-2016, 08:32 PM
Responding after just reading the title.
Yes, he was strong in closed beta and now it feels like he got buffed for open beta. McCree wishes he was this good.

Silbergeist
09-16-2016, 10:11 PM
I play Androxus, I really like him, but his firerate is ridiculous all right, 1.5 seconds and the guy shreds anything, it's just too much. The hitbox is great in my humble opinion, a lot more difficult to hit shots than with Cassie, for instance, but if you get the hang of it, you become a monster. I think his firerate rate should be reduced to 0.7, maybe 0.8, but something would have to be made to distinguish him from Cassie, even though I think the ability to do headshots and the smaller hitbox are already something.

His ult is boring, he could get some kind special shot that stuns a target and then spawn tentacles from the target to grab other players nearby and also stun them. I don't know, my creative side has been dead lately.

BDra
09-17-2016, 03:57 AM
0.7s would bring him into Cassie/Evie numbers for DPS and that seems fair.

Ackadian
09-17-2016, 05:06 PM
What are ya'll talking about? I feel like most of the people asking for Andy's damage to be nerfed have never played it to see how friggin hard it is to aim properly with him and how much skill and planning it takes to use all your 6 shots effectively.

You don't just run around in stealth like someone we know *Cough* Skye *cough*,players 90% of the time notice you,unless they're really busy focusing their fire on some target and sacrifice awareness.His 3 dashes are perfectly fine,before they added his third one I felt like it wasn't enough to go for a kill and then retreat to safety which is kinda the point of playing a flanker.3 dashes right now are perfectly fine.And his atack speed is perfect the way it is.

He's no Viktor or Skye,he has a hard time aiming,depending on his ms and ping and his right click is incredibly risky to use from just anywhere because you'll be left with no ammo,you won't get the bonus damage if you miss one hit and reloading in the middle of a fight with Andy is pretty much suicide without Deft hands at least rank 2 or some ammo cards.As for his ult,I used to get lots of kills using it like a madman before the CB 33 update but lately with all the shield and tank changes like Barik's shield and Rucku's 50% damage recution my ulti gets countered pretty easily.I shot an enemy Andy with all 4 shots today while he was affected by Rucku's damage reduction and he survived...I don't think Androxus is anywhere near OP as he is right now.

People don't realize that Andy is quite a risky short range/melee champion when asking for him to be nerfed.I would place him somewhere under Skye but above Cassie.Not OP at all in my opinion.

BDra
09-17-2016, 05:21 PM
What are ya'll talking about? I feel like most of the people asking for Andy's damage to be nerfed have never played it to see how friggin hard it is to aim properly with him and how much skill and planning it takes to use all your 6 shots effectively.

You don't just run around in stealth like someone we know *Cough* Skye *cough*,players 90% of the time notice you,unless they're really busy focusing their fire on some target and sacrifice awareness.His 3 dashes are perfectly fine,before they added his third one I felt like it wasn't enough to go for a kill and then retreat to safety which is kinda the point of playing a flanker.3 dashes right now are perfectly fine.And his atack speed is perfect the way it is.

He's no Viktor or Skye,he has a hard time aiming,depending on his ms and ping and his right click is incredibly risky to use from just anywhere because you'll be left with no ammo,you won't get the bonus damage if you miss one hit and reloading in the middle of a fight with Andy is pretty much suicide without Deft hands at least rank 2 or some ammo cards.As for his ult,I used to get lots of kills using it like a madman before the CB 33 update but lately with all the shield and tank changes like Barik's shield and Rucku's 50% damage recution my ulti gets countered pretty easily.I shot an enemy Andy with all 4 shots today while he was affected by Rucku's damage reduction and he survived...I don't think Androxus is anywhere near OP as he is right now.

People don't realize that Andy is quite a risky short range/melee champion when asking for him to be nerfed.I would place him somewhere under Skye but above Cassie.Not OP at all in my opinion.

You seem to forget that being harder to use is not a reason to make a Champion stronger. There's plenty of people who aim just as easy with Androxus as with another Champion. In that case he's clearly OP.

It just amazes me that you suggest a Champion should be allowed to be superior to all other Champions just because he has a bit higher skill cap.

Zeleen
09-17-2016, 07:41 PM
I also think he hits too hard but I think a good portion of the problem comes from the fact that the hitbox need to be trimmed down some. Until hitboxes are cleaned up a bit he will decimate squishies.

FaithInDestruction
09-17-2016, 08:54 PM
I also think he hits too hard but I think a good portion of the problem comes from the fact that the hitbox need to be trimmed down some. Until hitboxes are cleaned up a bit he will decimate squishies.

LOL. Andro's bullet hitbox is just fine, if you want to complain about hitboxes, complain about Kinessa's and Cassie's bullet hitboxes, at least with andro you need to aim at them to actually hit them ( I play alot of Kinessa, Cassie and Andro, trust me Andro's bullet hitbox is fine)

Just nerf his attack speed to .7 and then he's balanced again
other than that they should fix the reversal bug

Zeleen
09-17-2016, 09:10 PM
I meant the target model's hitboxes. The squishie's hitbox are too big so they are way too easy to hit. I guess I need to play some more in order to tell for sure but I'm mostly tank/support though. All I know is that Androxus and Viktor are high priority targets. Higher than supports which seem weird. lol

Raloris
09-17-2016, 10:17 PM
LOL. Andro's bullet hitbox is just fine, if you want to complain about hitboxes, complain about Kinessa's and Cassie's bullet hitboxes, at least with andro you need to aim at them to actually hit them ( I play alot of Kinessa, Cassie and Andro, trust me Andro's bullet hitbox is fine)

Just nerf his attack speed to .7 and then he's balanced again
other than that they should fix the reversal bug

Are you referring to Kinessa's sniper mode hit boxes? Because I just played her today and my shots were literally grazing people's ears and not counting as headshots. Cassie's seem to be 1.5x bigger than Kinessa's.

KingofRaceless
09-17-2016, 11:18 PM
I agree her survivabilty is the worst part in my opinion, whats the point of giving her low health if they allow her to heal while immune then dash away when safe or one-shot the enemy after you blasted him with your iceblock?

KingofRaceless
09-17-2016, 11:20 PM
Also it doesn't matter that his ult is boring it has the desired effect of clearing a lot of people of a point after they rush the point as a group, its a nice way of punishing if you ask me.

Trapboi
01-21-2017, 05:31 PM
Edit: Website Is retarded, put me at the last page so I responded to a 5-month old post.

Trapboi
01-21-2017, 05:35 PM
Edit: Website Is retarded, put me at the last page so I responded to a 5-month old post.