PDA

View Full Version : [SMALL GUIDE] Not obtaining loot boxes? The reason & when you obtain them again!

MunchieM
08-25-2016, 05:21 AM
Greetings, everyone!

I know there already is a huge thread about people who aren't receiving any loot boxes anymore upon a level up and the same has happened to me and a friend (who started at the same time), but now changed back to normal again.

Since no one mentioned it in that thread and we (my friend and I) actually received a Hi-Rez-support reply, I hope this helps some of you guys.

So, in order to tackle this problem, you have to ask yourself a few questions:

1. At which level did you stop receiving loot boxes?
2. Did you buy the founder's pack?
3. What level are you now?

All of those questions are kind of related. Let me explain why and how.
When I started I normally received my loot boxes the way it's supposed to be. Around level 5-10 I stopped obtaining them which also was the time when I purchased the founder's pack that comes with 20 loot boxes. I don't quite know anymore if this occured at the next level up or right after the purchase, but I received a bunch of loot boxes (in greater number than the founder's pack contained?) and stopped getting them afterwards until I hit level 30. When I leveled up to 31, I started obtaining them regularly again.

When reading through the existing threads concerning loot boxes, a lot of players seemed to state that they stopped getting them at level 10.
Now let's take Hi-Rez' reply into consideration that can be summed up like this:
"There is a bug to blame that grants you with a bunch of loot boxes you shouldn't have received and the system compensates this by denying them until a certain level" (Example: Lvl 10, received 20 boxes, won't get boxes until lvl 30)

Now since I can't remember the amount of boxes I got at which level anymore, but DO remember that my friend received too many of them, here are the possible scenarios you might relate to:

1. You actually received too many boxes at some point and the system simply compensates.
2. You bought the founder's pack which messed up your box rewards, you got >20 and the system compensates.
3. You bought the founder's pack, got 20 boxes and the system THINKS you shouldn't have gotten them due to the bug, therefore compensating starting at level 10. (in this case you should send a ticket through the official site, they usually reply very fast)

(As for my friend and I, we started receiving loot boxes again and everything's back to normal. Since you earn gold pretty quickly and due to the founder's pack we never bothered complaining in the first place, but we were curious and contacted the support.)

Now, even if none of these scenarios relate to you, there is a high chance that you receive loot boxes when you hit the magical level 30 mark due to some bug that occured at some certain point in developing. Of course, this isn't a justification for not receiving them anymore and you should still contact support concerning this, but it's not like you won't get them at all anymore and you already have some info in case your ticket gets answered poorly. (make sure to give them as much info as possible though, which basically are the answers to the questions above)

I hope I was able to help at least some of you guys and was able to deliver some kind of explanation on this whole topic.

Anyways, have fun ingame and see you around!

Munchie

Edit (29th August): Hi-Rez mentioned that the maximum level of when you should be able to receive loot boxes again is 36. So if you don't receive them after that point, a ticket should be mandatory.

HiRezPixieKittie
08-26-2016, 09:41 AM
Thanks so much for the well-detailed guide for this! We appreciate it greatly! <3

MunchieM
08-26-2016, 08:00 PM
You are most welcome! Feel free to correct me in case I got something wrong or add any info I might have forgotten.

TheOmniscient
08-28-2016, 08:04 PM
I don't think the bug happens if you became a founder far back, as this hasn't happened to me. But then again, I didn't get compensated for my chests when the game was reworked quite a bit, so oh well xP

MunchieM
08-29-2016, 04:38 AM
I bought mine around CB29, so it might have occured later on.

(Added some info on Hi-Rez' reply concerning the max level people should receive loot boxes again.)

Milien
11-22-2016, 03:00 PM
I have subscribe on YouTube but i cant get my horse skin :'(
Help please !

Mushpel
05-12-2017, 05:13 AM
yeah, but loot boxes are useless now - it was heavily reduced chances to get anything but cards. like out of 15 box i get just one voice pack and tons of cards i already have, seriously? Blizzards reveale Overwatch loot box probabilities, shouldn't HiRez do same with Paladins?

AquaBeast69
05-23-2017, 02:20 PM
I'm level 13 and just updated to the latest patch on PS4. I leveled up Pip to lv.2 and received a loot chest but when I went to claim it there was no chest. Anyone else have this issue? I don't have the founder's pack and haven't received any chests I didn't earn.

W0nderbolts
06-21-2017, 01:52 AM
yeah, but loot boxes are useless now - it was heavily reduced chances to get anything but cards. like out of 15 box i get just one voice pack and tons of cards i already have, seriously? Blizzards reveale Overwatch loot box probabilities, shouldn't HiRez do same with Paladins?

rofl overwatch is a bad game

Cryoslab
07-28-2017, 03:40 PM
I have subscribe on YouTube but i cant get my horse skin :'(
Help please ! Go back to the page and click it again. It should ask you for a confirmation so just enter your account and make sure you are subscribed. It will then lead you to a page that says "Here is your code." then use the code in Shop > Account > Claim Rewards Then type it in.

NotGoodAtLying
07-29-2017, 05:11 PM
Greetings, everyone!

I know there already is a huge thread about people who aren't receiving any loot boxes anymore upon a level up and the same has happened to me and a friend (who started at the same time), but now changed back to normal again.

Since no one mentioned it in that thread and we (my friend and I) actually received a Hi-Rez-support reply, I hope this helps some of you guys.

So, in order to tackle this problem, you have to ask yourself a few questions:

1. At which level did you stop receiving loot boxes?
2. Did you buy the founder's pack?
3. What level are you now?

All of those questions are kind of related. Let me explain why and how.
When I started I normally received my loot boxes the way it's supposed to be. Around level 5-10 I stopped obtaining them which also was the time when I purchased the founder's pack that comes with 20 loot boxes. I don't quite know anymore if this occured at the next level up or right after the purchase, but I received a bunch of loot boxes (in greater number than the founder's pack contained?) and stopped getting them afterwards until I hit level 30. When I leveled up to 31, I started obtaining them regularly again.

When reading through the existing threads concerning loot boxes, a lot of players seemed to state that they stopped getting them at level 10.
Now let's take Hi-Rez' reply into consideration that can be summed up like this:
"There is a bug to blame that grants you with a bunch of loot boxes you shouldn't have received and the system compensates this by denying them until a certain level" (Example: Lvl 10, received 20 boxes, won't get boxes until lvl 30)

Now since I can't remember the amount of boxes I got at which level anymore, but DO remember that my friend received too many of them, here are the possible scenarios you might relate to:

1. You actually received too many boxes at some point and the system simply compensates.
2. You bought the founder's pack which messed up your box rewards, you got >20 and the system compensates.
3. You bought the founder's pack, got 20 boxes and the system THINKS you shouldn't have gotten them due to the bug, therefore compensating starting at level 10. (in this case you should send a ticket through the official site, they usually reply very fast)

(As for my friend and I, we started receiving loot boxes again and everything's back to normal. Since you earn gold pretty quickly and due to the founder's pack we never bothered complaining in the first place, but we were curious and contacted the support.)

Now, even if none of these scenarios relate to you, there is a high chance that you receive loot boxes when you hit the magical level 30 mark due to some bug that occured at some certain point in developing. Of course, this isn't a justification for not receiving them anymore and you should still contact support concerning this, but it's not like you won't get them at all anymore and you already have some info in case your ticket gets answered poorly. (make sure to give them as much info as possible though, which basically are the answers to the questions above)

I hope I was able to help at least some of you guys and was able to deliver some kind of explanation on this whole topic.

Anyways, have fun ingame and see you around!

Munchie

Edit (29th August): Hi-Rez mentioned that the maximum level of when you should be able to receive loot boxes again is 36. So if you don't receive them after that point, a ticket should be mandatory.

Is this referring to the boxes/gold i should be getting on every level up for a champion as stated inside of the in game tips shown on loading screens? Or just the random times you get boxes because the game glitches. In which case, id say, we probably arent complaining about the 20 boxes we got.