PDA

View Full Version : Will there eventually be a draft pick?

Electrik
11-25-2015, 07:11 AM
Just curious if there will be a draft pick in this game ever. I know it's not possible right now cuz there aren't enough characters, but i'm interested if the devs will want to go with having only one character per game in the future.

Magical
11-25-2015, 09:22 AM
I hope people just pick your own characters independent of the other team and make global bans for op slots.

We don't have to see shit on one team when it can't be on the other in a game like this, I feel like it just limits the composition potential far more than it needs to. Looking at this games biggest competitor in Overwatch you can just change your hero at any time, so I think for us to even limit the team comps to a full moba model would be a giant mistake.

There is already so much rng in this game, I would rather just pick characters and compositions my team knows can work than have to add in the random factor of what heroes are left over. I feel like it's just easier balance wise if both teams can pick the same characters. To many games at the high end of mobas seem decided by picks and bans, I don't want to see that factor enter this game at all when we are already going to have one Barik doing 2x the DPS of the others due to cards.

Electrik
11-25-2015, 04:53 PM
It may limit the amount of team comps a team can run, however it will also vastly increase the amount of strategy that goes into making team comps. You'll be able to counter pick and make counter comps to the comps the enemy team is running, and you'll also be able to pick or ban champions away that you don't want the opposing team to have.

It will actually decrease the amount of RNG in the game, because you won't accidentally counter pick yourself because you can't see the enemy teams composition.