PDA

View Full Version : In your opinion what is the champion that has the best design...

EuBruno
08-13-2016, 08:22 PM
For discussion, say what is the champion that has the best design and why.

For me is Fernando.

He has a clear character theme, his skills fit this theme.
He has synergy between his skills.
To use him effectively you have to use all his skills and know his good and bad points.
He is strong in his role without being OP. (maybe a little bit in the last patch)

So what is the champion that has the best design? and why?
Lets discuss!!!

ChaosAnimagic
08-13-2016, 08:43 PM
I like Evie and Ying, cause they're waifus.

LOL

Real note:

Evie cause she's fun at times, her personality is crazy, must be good at parties.
I loved her Flying, tho it was never really improved to be more fun, it just stays as a regular escape ability. (used to have a card that shoots Icicles out of your Broom while you fly, except you have to head straight into ppls to use it, I wanted it to be a sort of homing missile or random flying around you while you fly)
I also loved Evie's Illusions before it got removed and replaced with Ice Block.
Her Illusions could move around with Evie, making it super fun, tho really OP.

Ying cause she looks cute, and her Illusions is extra work force for free.

KicksBrickster
08-13-2016, 09:06 PM
I'd say Pip and Ying, by virtue of being the most fun to play.

Pip I think is better overall. He works best as a long-range 'deterrent', but he also does well as a close-range fighter, and with his healing he can be a great support on the point. He's not the strongest in any of those categories, but being able to most situations makes him an excellent choice with pretty much any team comp.

Ying is situational, but she's also pretty strong. She's also pretty in general. ;P

ExoGrim
08-13-2016, 09:25 PM
I personally like Skye and Bomb King

I like Skye because she's fun to play and feels like a Assassin character from a MOBA... which I like

I like Bomb King because his gameplay is really fun and explosives... who can resist explosives

PersonalRNGesus
08-14-2016, 05:22 AM
So what is the champion that has the best design? and why?

Bomb King. There's something about the champion that really appeals to me on more or less every possible level - a great model with cheerful sounds attached to it, plus a suite of abilities that are genuinely fun to use and versatile. Also, there's a pair of happy looking bombs staring at you while you run around in the bottom corners of the screen.

Drogoz comes a close second though, the reworked maps give you a lot more opportunities to fly about and not bump into invsible walls, and it's satisfying to use. Right up until you get sniped out of the sky, of course.

fieryred
08-14-2016, 05:24 AM
Androxus. Every part of him screams assassin

EuBruno
08-14-2016, 08:45 AM
I can see every one has a favorite, ;)
But, speaking in a more technical manner, why do you think his abilities, his theme and the way he is played, makes he champion that has the best design?

fieryred
08-14-2016, 08:57 AM
I can see every one has a favorite, ;)
But, speaking in a more technical manner, why do you think his abilities, his theme and the way he is played, makes he champion that has the best design?

I get the feeling that androxus was someone who lost everything and wanted to take revenge (you wouldn't kill a God otherwise). And the fact that he's mobile and can stay up in the air and fight in the air

MagicFighter
08-14-2016, 09:01 AM
Pip for me, very well rounded and overall good and original.

Aehren
08-14-2016, 09:15 AM
Ying! (could you guess?)

So elegant and refined (underboob is the classiest of elven boob). The way she talks and moves, she's very aware that she has little physical strength and relies on trickery and illusion to get things done. She's quite unsure and a little timid-sounding in some voice lines, but also has a strength and confidence in others which make her seem quite relatable. She also seems like the most magically-inclined champion in theme, with her scrolls (presumably arcane secrets) and her magic mirror- quite fantasy mage-like, instead of the cheap disney cartoon witch vibe Evie has going on.

In terms of her kit, I absolutely love how busy it is. Anyone can spawn two illusions and send them off to kamikaze, but actually playing Ying can be quite intricate and there's just something so satisfying about swapping back and forth between illusions, killing someone while they flail around to try and hit you. Also hilarious is a close-range champion at low HP seeing you at low HP and coming in for an execute, only to suddenly have you swap and shatter.

So much room for creative fun, but it's a bit of a learning process. I'm MR15 and I have no delusions that I'm a Ying pro, but I love learning more and more each time.

BDra
08-14-2016, 01:04 PM
Ying! (could you guess?)

So elegant and refined (underboob is the classiest of elven boob). The way she talks and moves, she's very aware that she has little physical strength and relies on trickery and illusion to get things done. She's quite unsure and a little timid-sounding in some voice lines, but also has a strength and confidence in others which make her seem quite relatable. She also seems like the most magically-inclined champion in theme, with her scrolls (presumably arcane secrets) and her magic mirror- quite fantasy mage-like, instead of the cheap disney cartoon witch vibe Evie has going on.

In terms of her kit, I absolutely love how busy it is. Anyone can spawn two illusions and send them off to kamikaze, but actually playing Ying can be quite intricate and there's just something so satisfying about swapping back and forth between illusions, killing someone while they flail around to try and hit you. Also hilarious is a close-range champion at low HP seeing you at low HP and coming in for an execute, only to suddenly have you swap and shatter.

So much room for creative fun, but it's a bit of a learning process. I'm MR15 and I have no delusions that I'm a Ying pro, but I love learning more and more each time.

Her Shatter bonus damage system is stupid though. But maybe that's a good thing, she might have been a bit strong if they implemented that decently.

BoxerBrute
08-14-2016, 01:21 PM
I'd say Grohk has the best design, An orc shaman with a staff and totem pole while rocking a chieftain headdress was really clever. Bomb King looks and plays good as well while having that royal tone in the way he talks.

Aehren
08-14-2016, 02:43 PM
Her Shatter bonus damage system is stupid though. But maybe that's a good thing, she might have been a bit strong if they implemented that decently.

I disagree, I think she'd still be a bit of an underperformer even if they did implement her shatter bonus properly. You're right, it is stupid.

Don't get me wrong, I think she needs a few tweaks to get up to par with many other champions (small things, mostly QoL changes). But this thread's not about champion balance (we have plenty of of those already!), and I love her theme and kit in general.

lSKlFnatiC
08-14-2016, 02:52 PM
Hello,

defenetly Ruckus even if i dont play him much cause he is not getting much attention. Buffs a lot others but Ruckus always have more then bad cards against others. He defenetly need a Bodyguard ingame else he isnt very effective. Secondary fire should be some Rockets.

my second choice is Bomb King. The design is quite nice the Bombs looking funny. His Ultra Power is one of the best from the looking factor.

Evie and Skye are the beautifullest in my oppionion with her skins.

last but not least Fernando. The Skull Head Shield is very nice.

idk how it works with the Character concepts and all this. But i saw a Video from Heroes of the Storm in which they show how they modelling her Characters. Its much work and still awesome Job i guess.

regards

fieryred
08-14-2016, 02:54 PM
No love for androxus? He will sit and cry in a corner if this continues