PDA

View Full Version : HiRez, remember Paladins back in 2k15? Please.

Myrana
08-12-2016, 09:59 AM
Yo,
just came back after a few months to check how things are going in Paladins. I started playing this game on the very first day when the CBT started. It was a really great game back then, yet it was 100% RNG. Then Hi-Rez changed the card system and it was pretty close to a perfect card system, it was really really great.
However; They kept changing everything until alot of people stopped playing.

It was really great to be able to choose between those 3 cards after each level up. You had several builds for most of the champions - damn - even counterbuilding was a thing back then.
I had Overwatch beta access but i preferred playing Paladins because it was way more fun due to the different builds n shit.
Well after some patches this game went worse from patch to patch. Back in CBT(15-17) people said "HiRez is going the wrong path". So i've checked the forums the past few days and in CBT31 ITS STILL THE SAME.

HiRez, you should really think about going back to the very old patches, thus have been the greatest so far.
I wonder if there are still some of the "old" people playing, since my friendlist is dead AF.

iWin,
over and out.

ZionPulse
08-12-2016, 10:18 AM
They have made some pretty jackass decisions, but I believe every choice is one in the right direction

TLBear
08-12-2016, 10:55 AM
I think the games base is good, however there are a hell of a lot of balance changes that need to be done. And i know the feeling dude i played since cb13 i think and only since cb29 im really playing this game again. and to be honest it's a lot of fun i would suggest start playing some games again and go in with an open mind because you're gonna need it.

dusan4
08-12-2016, 11:01 AM
I joined CB11 and I'm still playing cause nostalgia makes me play this game, and when I play it, I get bored AF.

RightToBearArms
08-12-2016, 01:33 PM
Counter building was not a thing back then, getting the right 5 cards for a build was impossible. Counter building is simple in burn cards now, or even to prepare for it in some decks, you can change decks in the game.

I think every patch in this game is bringing us closer to perfection.

FaithInDestruction
08-12-2016, 07:54 PM
I joined CB11 and I'm still playing cause nostalgia makes me play this game, and when I play it, I get bored AF.

Why do you still play it tho? :D

ChaosAnimagic
08-12-2016, 08:14 PM
I play this game for Fun, cause I can't join Competitive anyways.
(crappy comp + no money + long work hours = impossible to join a Team)

However tho, I do agree on the past Card System, some of them were really fun, more RNG in it, but it adds uniqueness to Paladins...

Also, the reason they changed was because ppls complained about it first and say it has too much RNG, even tho there's not much... (well, the ones after 3 card draw at least) Back then, it was a real Card System unlike now, which is pretty much just a sort of Talent disguised as Card.

PrinceWulf
08-13-2016, 04:49 AM
You know what's funny? You gave absolutely no good explanation why Paladins is "going down the wrong path". Like seriously, what are you even seeing new that bothers you?

Beside your empty friend list, which honestly is your problem. I don't consider myself having many friends in game, but there is always someone online. People play, people leave. It's like that in all games. Not everyone that joins will stay here till game dies.

SimpleJan
08-13-2016, 07:53 AM

CB11 was like 6 months ago, how can you feel nostalgic about something that happened so recently? lmao