PDA

View Full Version : What are you good and bad at?

Aehren
08-09-2016, 12:21 AM
So with all the clamour over CB30 (which I'm participating in, of course) I figure it's time for me to take a little break from protesting and start a more community-focused thread. I'm asking:

What are you good at, and what are you bad at?

We all have a champion we feel matches our playstyle the best, and we've all had those awesome killstreaks where we feel awesome (until we're shut down, of course :D). What do you feel really defines your success as a player?

Conversely, we all tend to be lacking in one area- what are you terrible at? What's the one thing you really need to work on, or an aspect of game balance/design you just don't know well at all?

List one thing you think you're good at, and one thing you really suck at. Hopefully we can share tips with each other and improve!

Aehren
08-09-2016, 12:23 AM
For me, it's relative champion balance. I'll explain- I play an inordinate amount of Ying. Match history is Ying only at the moment, as it is nearly all the time. Ying's mastery level is three times higher than the next-highest champion. I like to think I'm pretty good with Ying (you'd hope so, by now).

This also means, from my perspective, certain champions seem a bit too strong, even though they might be balanced perfectly. For example, Buck is a huge pain in the ass to fight as Ying- he has a big health pool which takes several shatters/attacks to work through, three close-range shots are enough for him to kill you, and he just jumps onto you after you Link. Because most of my thoughts on balance come from Ying's perspective, I know that I probably have less of a cohesive grasp on the state of balance as a whole than I would if I played a bigger pool of champions.

Oh, also, my aim could use some work ;)

ChaosAnimagic
08-09-2016, 12:34 AM
err... I can play all Champs, but sometimes it depends on my Team for my performance, I am more of a Team Player than a Solo Carry.
(sometimes I get weird lag too, which for some strange reason makes almost half of my shots not register...)

However I currently only play BombKing, Grohk and Ying.

Wants to try out Makoa tho, when I get a chance, lol.

fieryred
08-09-2016, 12:40 AM
What am I good at?
Kill stealing, when I do it seriously I can steal a single person's kill at least 5 Times in a row.
What am I bad at?
Androxus and aim

GhostOokami
08-09-2016, 03:25 AM
I'm good at playin Skye and stopping the backline champs from pressuring my team.

I'm bad at playing Androxus, absolutely terrible with him.

Kinxil
08-09-2016, 04:29 AM
Good at :
- Popping Ying's clones from safe place (+40% deployment range weeeeh)
- Launch Kinessa's mines from safe place (+100% effective drag range weeeeh)
- Firing from safe place (Pip, Drogoz)
- Using shield and click to melt (Fernando)

Bad at :
- Aim (I realised it when I saw my average results plummet with TTK overkill on Cassie)

SimpleJan
08-09-2016, 05:57 AM
Tanky champions with heal - Grohk and Buck. Im trash with everything else beside Makao.

Yiaz
08-09-2016, 07:25 AM
In my opinion, success as a player is defined by how much fun i can get from a game. If i'm having fun, i consider that i'm good at it, because i put more effort on it.

I'm good at playing Evie (pre CB30), distracting the enemy team and killing whoever i can kill.
I'm bad at tank/support roles in every game.

RightToBearArms
08-09-2016, 03:54 PM
Tanky champions seems to be a better focus for me. I liked Buck and Barik for awhile now, the occasional Grohk or Andro are possible. My aim is very off and it's hard to play a ADC champion.

In my opinion, success as a player is defined by how much fun i can get from a game. If i'm having fun, i consider that i'm good at it, because i put more effort on it.

I'm good at playing Evie (pre CB30), distracting the enemy team and killing whoever i can kill.
I'm bad at tank/support roles in every game.

You ain't wrong, the reason I play Androxus :D

What am I good at?
Kill stealing, when I do it seriously I can steal a single person's kill at least 5 Times in a row.
What am I bad at?
Androxus and aim

We share a lot in common together. :p

ZionPulse
08-09-2016, 06:22 PM
Good at:Protecting and capping an Objective and blowing up people to kingdom come.

Bad at: killing people and aiming

FaithInDestruction
08-09-2016, 06:33 PM
Hmmm What I'm good at?
Most champions, I can play any role if you force me to play it :p But usually I play the Strikers, Sharpshooters, and Blasters. Usually when I play protectors and Fighters, expect me to be offensive with them. If they release a character with a tru bow with an arc or if they release someone with black magic then I'm definetely gonna main them

What I'm bad at
Andro, Definetly andro, I don't have the patience to master him, even tho my mastery with him is 14..... Yeah... If you guys see me in game, pls pls pls Remind me to not use andro
ign is FaithInChaos

KicksBrickster
08-09-2016, 07:08 PM
I'm good at playing Pip as a semi-support. It's so fun to hit a teammate with a healing potion when they're about to die, then watch them kill the other guy. I'm also decent at playing Ying as an anti-flanker. Most of the squishier champions (Androxus, Evie, Cassie) I can play fairly well.

I'm bad at playing tanks. Not because I'm actually bad at it, but because there's no fun to it. Sitting behind a shield just doesn't have much appeal. Give me a squishy any day.