PDA

View Full Version : Cards... why?

Leanah
08-01-2016, 02:33 AM
This might sound silly but I have to ask... Do we really need all these cards in the game? I hate the cards but I love the champions and their base kits, they're all fun to play. I don't want to have to worry about the "perfect build" for every single champion or when to buy which burn card, I just want to play the game! It's so confusing and frustrating coming back from a break and having to learn everything all over again, I just can't be bothered. Sometimes I just want to start up the game and play a few rounds but then I realize "Oh, right... cards, bleh" and then I end up playing something else instead.

Maybe I should just forget about this game and move on? I don't know... D*mn you cards :(

MaLiman
08-01-2016, 06:31 AM
Cards are just of different way of saying perks. And burn cards are a different way of saying "what the fuck is a support champ?". From a game design stand point they really just don't work well in practice. MOBA FPS just doesn't work guys.

fieryred
08-01-2016, 06:35 AM
Cards are what make this game fun, customization is fun and even more if things are constantly changing, if you are having a problem with decks you can always Google.

Dralec
08-01-2016, 06:57 AM
Cards make paladins special
No other FPS has this kind of customization

It is also the reason I love this game
If you played overwatch you could probably say " wouldn't be great if I could focus my pharah playing style around the knockback rocket "
Well here you can.

Buubbeli
08-01-2016, 09:10 AM
I agree with the people above. Cards are what makes this game different from the competition (TF 2, OW etc).

Suspensorio
08-01-2016, 03:23 PM
Yes, cards are awesome.

You can make a sniper Kinessa or a minefield Kinessa. A tank Fernando or a fighter Fernando.

Or you can stick to the pre-build deck, and move on with life. Skills will always be more important than decks.

ZionPulse
08-01-2016, 07:00 PM
I sometimes think Hi-Rez was just out of ideas at that point (What stop glaring)

NinjaBoffin
08-02-2016, 08:30 AM
Cards make the game unique and you can choose what skill you want to emphasize (Instead of having one type of skill)

So if i am playing androxus i can either choose a long distance aim heavy deck OR get close into people and RMB them down.

It adds fun!

Suspensorio
08-02-2016, 08:39 AM
Cards make the game unique and you can choose what skill you want to emphasize (Instead of having one type of skill)

So if i am playing androxus i can either choose a long distance aim heavy deck OR get close into people and RMB them down.

It adds fun!

And die to Skye because Skye rules :D

Rageification
08-02-2016, 10:54 AM
Cards make paladins special
No other FPS has this kind of customization

Dirty bomb does have a card customization system but it's not quite the same. I'm genuinely surprised though that someone doesn't like the card system, it's a great way to allow people to change how they play a character. It means that any player can get a decent play from any character.

Azurion
08-02-2016, 12:58 PM
I love the fact you can customize your champs with cards, its unic to paladins , but i Hate the card that you can Burn in siege mode , it makes so many unfair matches ...