PDA

View Full Version : Are burncards useable in Payload?

Adtrl
07-26-2016, 07:27 PM
The game tells me to buy burncards in payload but when I press the key for it nothing happens.

RightToBearArms
07-26-2016, 08:28 PM
Not able to be used, I don't understand why either, maybe a bug. :confused:

BoxerBrute
07-26-2016, 08:34 PM
Working as intended, I don't think payload ever had burncards. It's a short 1 round even match up.

FenexDragonis
07-26-2016, 10:19 PM
up comming cb30 is going to be very focused on cards hopefully they will do something... TBH i think burn cards need to be removed.. and certain aspects of them need to be rolled into characters all they do is reward/create snowballing :/

such as giving blasters a default damage bonus to deployables

strikers get the shield bonus...

give the character arc-types something that makes the arctype not just a conceptual play style

Dralec
07-27-2016, 04:17 AM
I think If they allow you to buy just one burn card payload will become more balanced

SquireAngel
07-27-2016, 11:07 AM
I'm kinda on the fence of what I think of burn cards. I kinda think they need to be flipped, with you getting more gold if you're doing badly in a cap mission so that you can try to even the field. You would get maybe one card if you weren't doing so hot, but if your team was doing absolute shit, you'd get 3 cards, helping to level the field somewhat. A good team might still be able to get 1 card, giving them a nice boost, but not allowing them to tear that much harder through the already down and out team. This would also allow for a small amount of a crutch to teams with newer players to help them fight with a little more forgiveness for being not super knowledgeable.

Suspensorio
07-27-2016, 01:19 PM
In Payload there's not enough time to buy burn cards for defenders, since they have to run through the entire map. But if it was possible to buy them in that time independent of where you are, it could be done.

Also, Payload should be a two round game, to avoid people taking this or that champ because he is better at attacking or defending. Then burn cards could be used in two rounds.